Issue II: Spring 2005
- Patient Education: Why Isn't Everyone Just Doing It? by Ginger Kanzer-Lewis, RN, BC, EdM, CDE
- Patient education remains strong one year after JCAHO changes
- Three sure things in life: Death, taxes, and no documentation of patient education by Fran London, MS, RN
- Getting Your Message Across: Patient Teaching, Part 1 by Maureen Habel, RN, MA
- 5 Steps For Better Patient Outcomes by Mary Schutten, MA
- Improve communication with good phone skills by Kathy Ordelt, RN-CPN, CRRN
- The AADE 7 Self-Care Behaviors™ Setting the standards for behavioral management in diabetes self-management training
- Online Outside Resources Many resources online are free or inexpensive.
- What's New at Milner-Fenwick
Coming in our next issue…
- an in-depth three-part series on the growing use of hospital on-demand bedside video systems
- second installment of “Getting Your Message Across: Patient Teaching”
- a follow-up article by Fran London on documentation
- new online resources, and much more!